Sunday 6 January 2013

learning about you and me

I went to visit my grandparent's when the weather hit 41 degrees. I went up to see Rose and Monica because they were catching a midnight flight back home. The heat made even constructing sentences difficult, so I spent most of my time killing zombies on my iphone. Every so often, mum would go out to spray the plants, so that the air around the house would cool down. I followed her out and she turned the hose on to me and all my clothes were soaked. It was so refreshing that every hour or so, I would just go outside and put on the sprinkler and shoot it upwards over me and let it fall on me like rain.

As night came, two of my cousins arrived for dinner. Mum made duck soup for me and my uncle (he likes it too), my aunty made me my favourite steamed pork dish and dad cooked curry, vegetables and oxtail stew.

As the sun set, Ems and I went into the backyard to take a look at what fruit were growing. The lighting was really lovely, so I took some photos.



her collection



little butterfly and coloured petals

---

 herbal tea time


I spent most of Saturday at the Panda's house. 

We spent time reading to each other our chinese zodiac and also our star signs. When it came to 'compatibility' between zodiac animals, I said out loud, "what goes well with sheep?" and Andii started naming dressings that would make sheep taste yum. 

dinner

I brought them some duck soup that my mum cooked the night before. I kept telling them not to add anything to it but then did in the ennnnnd oh pandas. Haha.


'goodbye' card making

We watched interesting TED talks till Dylan and Katelyn picked me up at 10pm.


selfies in the backyard haha

---

They were meant to pick me up earlier but Dylan had texted saying that something had come up. When I got into the car they told me that they were at dinner but the waitress forgot to bring their food for an hour and a half.

We headed towards Anouska's house. I was feeling so much dread. When we got there the entrance was massive and I almost ran away. We got inside and immediately walked to the four other girls from our course. The conversation was awkward, but got better once Dylan went and bought us wine.

We sat on the roof top, on some sun chairs and I gazed at the glorious view. I took photos of everyone all snuggled on the chairs. It was really windy and cold up on the roof, so everyone shared chairs and a few borrowed the expensive coats that were hanging inside.

tara and johann

 bron and tess


dylan and katelyn



I saw the half moon slowly rise over the city and it was massive and beautiful and for me better than anything the inside offered. Johann came to the half way in so we all had another person to talk with. I laughed so hard after I spoke with Katelyn and Dylan about their dinner. Katelyn said that Dylan got super mad and didn't want to pay and I was so surprised because he just doesn't seem like the guy to get angry. She then told me that one time the taxi people didn't send him a taxi when he ordered and he called up and said he'd burn down their office. AHAHAH I was like... You are a crazy person but I still think you're awesome so it is ok. Please don't burn down my home. I will joke about this forever.

After some time on the roof, Tess and Tara were ready to dance. These girls are super hilarious when they drink... I felt bad because I think most of the time I was just laughing at things or people. So everyone decided to go downstairs. I wanted to sit longer upstairs because it was much more peaceful than the loudness of the inside, but Johann insisted I went downstairs to dance awkwardly. 

It always makes me cringe when I think of tipsy dancing. I vaguely remember my face hurting a lot because I was laughing so much. I didn't even dance for very long. Tess looked at me on the dance floor, and yelled, "CLOSE YOUR EYES. AND JUST MOVE WITH IT." and I was thinking, "I am really not drunk enough for this." I looked around and limbs were being thrown about and I walked danced for a bit (when I did, Bron said to me, "Yeah! That's great! How good is this!") and then ran away to the calmer side of the house.



I spoke to Bron about uni and about holidays. She is such a nice and interesting girl but we are never in the same class!

It was odd sometimes. I felt like what I saw in certain people hadn't been realised by them yet. It was actually kind of disappointing to see that, to me, there was this lack of depth in some people. They just seemed to be acting the whole time. It was sad simply because I know there is a lot more quality in them than what they are showing.

I spoke to Johann more, the first time I met him was on the day the world was meant to end - the dinner at Dylan's house. He told me then he was hoping to study creative writing at RMIT, he wrote poetry, left the modelling industry because he didn't like like it and he wanted to do script writing. This time he asked about my stop motion progress and I told him I was working on a new one. He took my phone and added his email and told me to email it to him once I had finished. I'm happy to have met him cus it has been good to talk about stories.

It got to about 2:30am and Dyaln and Katelyn were ready for home so we said bye to everyone. Tess came at my face intensely and at the last second kissed me goodbye on the cheek and I said to her, "... geeeeez." and she laughed and said, "Did I freak you out for a second??" and I was like, "yes I thought you were going to make out with me O_O"

Between others, some nice words and moments were shared.

I happily hugged everyone else goodbye and when I got home I drunk so much water and then fell asleep. I think the next day was the first time ever I have woken up feeling slightly headachy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment