Wednesday 27 March 2013

for a moment

Waking up to a message from eddie wishing me safe travels and giving his love.

Morning announcements on the train.

"here's some trivia for all of you:

DID YOU KNOW ...


The metro system took 10 years to build?
That it cost 500 million dollars?
That parliament station 40m underground making it the lowest point of the whole tunnel system?
That, subsequently, the escalators at parliament are the longest in the southern hemisphere? 

Finally, the amount of dirt extruded from the ground to make the tunnels is enough to fill the MCG one and a half times?"

I didn't know any of this. Thank you train driver.

Emily said she heard her platform man announce:

"Passangers on platform 5, your 8:55 city loop train has been delayed and will arrive in ten minutes due to an incompetent driver."

At intern I helped to clean up the pendant Dylan made for his 2 year anniversary. He is so sweet to make this. Over the past couple of weeks I've met with him after class and taught him how use wax and discussed and refined his ideas and mold. I was so happy to see that he was keen to learn something new. He could have easily of drawn a gift for Katelyn (as he is a talented drawer) but he came to me specifically because he wanted to learn a new skill.

He treated me to dinner while we discussed the final steps. He said to me on the way, "Izzy I really appreciate this. What can I do for you?" and I replied, "You really don't need to do anything for me, it's nice enough that I'm teaching you and you are happily learning." and then he said back something along the lines of, "A few years ago you said something that really resonated with me.. something like - Sometimes you feel like you give a lot- you make things for people / put lots of thought into things, but sometimes you feel you are taken for granted or that you're unappreciated. I just want you to know how much your help means to me and that I am really thankful."

I am really happy to have him as a friend. I'm picking up the finished piece today... It is exciting and special to give something like a silver pendant. I like the silver is so long-lasting.

Vic and I had soup for lunch. The soup is becoming our "calming food" and it makes us feel so good. I'm finding that our conversation is becoming more and more casual. I can talk to her about some personal things and it is nice to get support for some things. It is definitely good to talk it through with some people.




I went to Malthouse to meet Vivian and we did site analysis then ran back to building 88 for class. On the way I bought a macha ice cream and it was so good. Class was intense. Maybe it is just my group. We presented our individual work to our group. I am not normally the one to talk but I got up and just spoke so casually and I felt a bit proud to be getting better at speaking to a group of people. We ended at 8 and I texted Ems to see if she was free for dinner as I had not seen her in months.

We ate at Yong green's. It was actually very peaceful and I am happy of my decision. The food was so yum, we shared Pho with fake meat. I always like meeting up with Em... I think she's possibly the cousin that is "most similar" to me - our interests and things !

Sim and I took the tram back into the station. We were sitting on the seats sharing earphones and listening to music. Sim said, "this is like camp." and I suddenly remembered on the way back from first year camp we sat together and shared music. I said to her, "this is so weird. It's like we're in exactly the same place doing the same thing but in a different time. WE ARE IN THE FUTURE."

Waiting for the train, we bought some delicious ice cream (the same as the other day) and the sugar made us go into a laughing fit. We took the long escalators down to the platform. We watched the light on the moving stairs for the whole way down- until it all blended into itself and became a wall of flickering colour. It was actually really beautiful, but thinking this made us feel like someone had drugged our ice cream.

I got home and sat in the lounge room table talking to Darcy. Finding random hand prints on the ceiling of his room ( I gave him the demon room >:D )

Sim sent me the songs that we had listened to. I drew and played guitar while talking to Vanni on skype until almost 2 am. He was telling that he was visiting Barcelona and after a little while talking I said, "juuuust a second...."
and he immediately replied, "You're looking up where Barcelona is aren't you ??"
and I was so surprised and said back, "HOW DID YOU KNOW. i didn't even say!"

We always seem to sing songs to each other and be silly. rah

This was a good day and a good night. I am so so thankful to have these people in my life.


Breezeblocks - Alt-J

No comments:

Post a Comment